James E. “Jef” Fifer
- Founding Attorney
James E. "Jef" Fifer is the founding attorney of Fifer Law Office and has experience in a wide variety of legal areas. Jef primarily concentrates his practice now in the area of criminal defense. He was also the Town Attorney for the towns of Georgetown from 1992 to 2004 and Greenville from 1994 to 2004.
Jef received his Bachelor of Science from Indiana University in 1982 and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Louisville in 1986. Jef is admitted to practice law both in Indiana and Kentucky.
He is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, Floyd County Bar Association, Clark County Bar Association, Harrison County Bar Association, Kentucky Bar Association and is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Kentucky, 1988
- Indiana, 1986
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 1986
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 1982
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Floyd County Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Harrison County Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Georgetown, Town Attorney, 1992 to 2004
- Greenville, Town Attorney, 1994 to 2004