Making Modifications To Your Divorce Agreements

Just because the ink has dried on your divorce decree, that doesn't mean you are finished managing the legal agreements between you and your former spouse. As you move on, your needs and those of your children will change. As your kids mature and the circumstances of your life change, you will likely need to make adjustments to your spousal support, child support and parenting time agreements.

We Are Here For You Today And Will Be Ready To Help Tomorrow

Perhaps you lost your job and are struggling to keep up with your child support payments. When you need to make changes to your divorce agreement pertaining to child support, you want to have an attorney helping to ensure your child support obligation and or child support arrearage is calculated correctly.

For those who fall behind on support payments, there are serious consequences that can come into play. Your wages could be garnished, your tax returns and lottery winnings withheld, and contempt proceedings could land you in jail. Don't run the risk of incurring these penalties. Work with our attorneys to explore your options.

Relocation And Protecting The Relationship You Maintain With Your Children

Whether you are making payments or stand to receive them, have primary custody of your children or only see them every other weekend, we can help you make necessary modifications to ensure you and your loved ones are protected. In some cases, one parent may wish to relocate with his or her child, which could create complications for the other parent to maintain his or her parent-child relationship. As lawyers, we always want to be sure we are looking out for the best interests of the children involved in these matters.

Ask Questions And Benefit From Clear, Honest Answers Regarding Family Law

At Fifer Law Office, we are here to help you, not judge you. To learn more about how we can work with you to modify your existing divorce agreements, reach out to us and schedule a consultation by calling 812-949-2529. You can also reach our New Albany or Jeffersonville, Indiana, offices by sending an email through our online contact form. We work with clients throughout the region, including those in Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Crawford, Scott and Washington Counties.